This three-day instructor-led course is aimed at database professionals who fulfil a Business Intelligence (BI) developer role. This course looks at implementing multidimensional databases by using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and at creating tabular semantic data models for analysis with SSAS.
This interactive training can be taken from any location, your office or home and is delivered by a trainer. This training does not have any delegates in the class with the instructor, since all delegates are virtually connected. Virtual delegates do not travel to this course, Global Knowledge will send you all the information needed before the start of the course and you can test the logins.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution
- Create a multidimensional database with analysis services
- Implement dimensions in a cube
- Implement measures and measure groups in a cube
- Use MDX syntax
- Customize a cube
- Implement a tabular database
- Use DAX to query a tabular model
- Use data mining for predictive analysis
- Module 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Module 2: Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Module 3: Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Module 4: Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Module 5: Introduction to MDX
- Module 6: Customizing Cube Functionality
- Module 7: Implementing a Tabular Data Model by Using Analysis Services
- Module 8: Introduction to Data Analysis Expression (DAX)
- Module 9: Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
The primary audience for this course are database professionals who need to fulfil BI Developer role to create enterprise BI solutions. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Implementing multidimensional databases by using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Creating tabular semantic data models for analysis by using SQL Server Analysis Services
The secondary audiences for this course are ‘power’ information workers/data analysts.