Do you want to find duplicates and perfect a search algorithm for your InfoSphere MDM
Physical implementation? Then this course is designed for you. The InfoSphere MDM V11
Physical Module Algorithms course prepares you to work with and customize the algorithm
configurations deployed to the InfoShere MDM Probabilistic Matching Engine (PME) for the
Physical MDM implementation.
If you are new to MDM, you should take the follwowing courses:
- Introduction to InfoSphere Master Data Management V11.3 - WBT (1Z801G)
- InfoSphere MDM Algorithms V11 (ZZ780G)
- Virtual Module Algorithms for InfoSphere MDM V11 (ZZ880G)
If you have experience with InfoSphere MDM, you do not need to take course 1Z801G. Although courses ZZ780G and ZZ880G are suggested for all students.
PME and Physical Overview
- Physical MDM Overview
- Terminology (Entity, Critical Data, Business Object)
- PME and Physical MDM ( Algorithms, Weights, Comparison Scores, Thresholds)
- Physical MDM Suspect Duplicate Processing
- Physical MDM Probabilistic Search
- Exercise: Testing the default Physical PME algorithm
Physical PME Data Model and Mapping
- Default Physical BObjs and mapping to PME
- Virtual Party Template
- Default Party Configuration project
- Exercise: Loading default Physical PME Configuration project
Physical MDM Algorithms
- Comparison Functions
- Exercise: Explore and customize the default Physical Algorithm
- Analysis Overview
- Attribute Completeness
- Bucket Analysis
- Exercise: Analyzing our Buckets
- Weights Overview (Frequency-based weights, Edit Distance weights and Parameterize weights)
- The weight formula
- Running weight generation
- Analyzing weights
- Bulk Cross Match process
- Pair Manager
- Threshold calculations
- Exercise: Generate Weights
- Exercise: Pair Manager and Threshold Calculations
- Exercise: Deploying the Physical MDM PME Configuration
Physical MDM PME Adapters and Converters
- MDM PME Adapter overview
- MDM Outbound and Inbound Converters
- Exercise: Creating a custom converter
- Understand how Duplicate Suspect Processing and Search (using PME) work for Physical Implementations of InfoSphere MDM
- Understand the MDM configuration project and database tables used by the PME
- Understand the PME Algorithms (Standardization, Bucketing and Comparison steps) and how to create and customize the algorithms using the workbench
- Understand how to analyze the Bucketing steps in an algorithm
- Understand how to generate weights for a given algorithm and how those weights are generated based on a sample database set.
- Understand how to analyze the weights that are generated using the workbench
- Understand how to deploy the PME configuration for a Physical implementation of InfoSphere MDM.
- Understand the integration between the Physical module and the PME
This advanced course is for Business and Technical Specialist working with Suspect Duplicate Processing and Search services of InfoSphere MDM.
Company Events Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.