This course is the first of three one-day Information Server Administration courses. This course covers basic Information Server administrative tasks including user management, session management, reporting management, archiving, metadata management, and the use of administrative command line tools.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- Unit 1: Information Server Technical Overview
- Exercise 1:
- Unit 2: Working with Information Server Clients
- Exercise 2:
- Unit 3: Authentication and Suite Security
- Exercise 3:
- Unit 4: Session Management
- Exercise 4:
- Unit 5: Managing Reports
- Exercise 5:
- Unit 6: Administrative Tools
- Exercise 6:
- Unit 7: Managing Information Server Repository Assets
- Exercise 7
- List Information Server functional categories and the Information Server products and components that support them
- List and describe the Information Server architectural tiers
- Access Information Server clients, including thin clients using the Information Server Launch Pad, the Information Server Engine clients, and the Information Server Console clients including Information Analyzer and Information Services Director
- Create and configure Information Server users and groups
- Manage Information Server active sessions
- Manage Information Server reporting
- Work with Information Server command-line tools including tools for session administration, user and group management, and encryption.
- Use the istool functionality to query, export, and import Information Server Repository assets
This basic course is for those who will be administering Information Server and its product components.
Company Events Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.