This course is designed to introduce ETL developers to DataStage 11.3.
You should have basic knowledge of the Windows operating system and some familiarity with database access techniques.
- Unit 01: Introduction to DataStage
- Unit 02: Deployment
- Unit 03: DataStage Administration
- Unit 04: Working With Metadata
- Unit 05: Creating Parallel Jobs
- Unit 06: Accessing Sequential Data
- Unit 07: Partitioning and Collecting
- Unit 08: Combining Data
- Unit 09: Group Processing Stages
- Unit 10: Transformer Stage
- Unit 11: Repository Functions
- Unit 12: Working with Relational Data
- Unit 13: Job Control
- Describe the uses of DataStage and the DataStage workflow
- Describe the Information Server architecture and how DataStage fits within it
- Describe the Information Server and DataStage deployment options
- Use the Information Server Web Console and the DataStage Administrator client to create DataStage users and to configure the DataStage environment
- Import and export DataStage objects to a file
- Import table definitions for sequential files and relational tables
- Design, compile, run, and monitor DataStage parallel jobs
- Design jobs that read and write to sequential files
- Describe the DataStage parallel processing architecture
- Design jobs that combine data using joins and lookups
- Design jobs that sort and aggregate data
- Implement complex business logic using the DataStage Transformer stage
- Debug DataStage jobs using the DataStage PX Debugger
- Read and write to database tables using DataStage ODBC and DB2 Connector stages
- Work with the Repository functions such as search and impact analysis
- Build job sequences that control batches of jobs
This is a basic course for project administrators and ETL developers responsible for data extraction and transformation using DataStage.
Company Events Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.