In this course, students will learn the basic concepts of data management within Informix. They will learn how to determine correct data types; how to create, manage, and maintain tables and indexes; how the Informix optimizer works; how to manage data; and how to use the SET EXPLAIN feature to determine query effectiveness.
The student should have a working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Introduction to Informix Terminology
- Informix Data Types
- Creating Databases and Tables
- Altering and Deleting Databases and Tables
- Create, Alter, and Drop Indexes
- Managing and Maintaining Indexes
- Table and Index Partitioning
- Maintaining Table and Index Partitioning
- Cost-based Query Optimizer
- Updating Statistics and Data Distributions
- Managing the Optimizer
- Referential and Entity Integrity
- Managing Constraints
- Modes and Violation Detection
- Concurrency Control
- Data Security
- Introduction to Stored Procedures
- Select the Informix data types appropriate for storing your data
- Create and maintain databases, tables, and indexes
- Estimate size and extent requirements for tables and indexes
- Create index strategies to improve performance
- Create and maintain table and index partitioning (fragmentation)
- Implement referential and entity integrity
- Manage database and table modes
- Manage violations logging
- Describe how the optimizer builds an optimal query plan
- Use the SET EXPLAIN feature to capture optimizer query plans
- Use directives and environment variables to influence the optimizer
- Optimize the query plan using UPDATE STATISTICS
- Manage end-user concurrency
- Use permissions and roles to manage data security
- Create and use views
- Manage smart large objects
- Create and manage triggers
This course is designed for Informix Administrators, Database Administrators, and Application Developers.
Company Events Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.