This course is designed to introduce the student to the capabilities of BigSheets. BigSheets is a component of InfoSphere BigInsights. It provides the analyst the ability to be able to visualize and analyze data stored HDFS using a spreadsheet type interface without any programming.
Having attended InfoSphere BigInsights Foundation (DW612 ) or equivalent knowledge would be useful.
- Introduction to BigSheets
- Making Data Available to BigSheets
- Navigating a Workbook
- Expressions and Functions
- Big SQL Integration
- BigSheets Visualizations
- Describe how BigSheets can help with the business and technical challenges of big data
- Create BigSheet workbooks
- From data stored in HDFS
- Directly from data generated by an application
- Use BigSheets readers to properly parse data in BigSheets
- Create sheets within workbooks
- List the different types of functions available when creating a new sheet
- Create charts to more easily visualize BigSheets results
- Export BigSheets data to a web browser or a file in HDFS
- Integrate workbooks with Big SQL tables
This course is designed to introduce the the Business analysts who is planning to work with BigSheets with the ability to be able to visualize and analyze data stored HDFS using a spreadsheet type interface without any programming.