IBM BigInsights Overview will give you an overview of IBM's big data strategy as well as a why it is important to understand and use big data. It will cover IBM BigInsights as a platform for managing and gaining insights from your big data. As such, you will see how the BigInsights have aligned their offerings to better suit your needs with the IBM Open Platform (IOP) along with the three specialized modules with value-add that sits on top of the IOP. Along with that, you will get an introduction to the BigInsights value-add including Big SQL, BigSheets, and Big R.
None, however, knowledge of Linux would be beneficial.
- Unit 1: Introduction to Big Data
- Exercise 1: Setting up the lab environment
- Unit 2: Introduction to IBM BigInsights
- Exercise 2: Getting started with IBM BigInsights
- Unit 3: IBM BigInsights for Analysts
- Exercise 3: Working with Big SQL and BigSheets
- Unit 4: IBM BigInsights for Data Scientist
- Exercise 4: Analyzing data with Big R, Jaql, and AQL
- Unit 5: IBM BigInsights for Enterprise Management
- Understand the purpose of big data and know why it is important
- List the sources of data (data-at-rest vs data-in-motion)
- Describe the IBM BigInsights offering
- Utilize the various IBM BigInsights tools including Big SQL, BigSheets, Big R, Jaql and AQL for your big data needs.
- IBM Open Platform (IOP) with Apache Hadoop
This intermediate training course is for those who want a foundation of IBM BigInsights. This includes: Big data engineers, data scientist, developers or programmers, administrators who are interested in learning about IBM's Open Platform with Apache Hadoop.
Company Events Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.