The IBM Optim Data Growth for z/OS course is designed to enable the students to successfully develop and execute an archiving strategy. This course provides a conceptual understanding of the data growth issue, as well as the Optim Solution's capabilities for managing data growth and improving the performance of critical business applications. This course serves as a foundation for the Optim Solution's features and functionality.
This course focuses on the technical aspects of the Optim Solution and is intended for technical audiences. Participants will learn the basics of how the technology works through hands-on exercises illustrating how the technology applies to business scenarios. This course does not include information on how to install and configure the technology.
This course prepares technical users with the Optim knowledge and skills necessary to participate in an Optim archive implementation project and confidently perform Optim tasks ongoing.
To successfully complete this course, you should have a working knowledge of:
- DB2 and relational database concepts
- DB2 SQL basics
- TSO/ISPF editing commands and job output retrieval functions
- Introduction to IBM InfoSphere Optim Solutions
- The Optim Directory
- Introduction to Archiving
- The Archive Process
- Delete Archived Data
- Retry/Restart an Optim Process
- Create Database Objects
- Full Restore of Archived Data
- Search for Archived Data
- View Archived Data
- Selective Restore of Archived Data
- Optim Primary Keys and Relationships
- Relationship Traversal Concepts
- Export and Import Optim Directory Objects
- Batch Utilities
- Optim Security Overview
- Monitor Your Archive Strategy
- Performance Considerations
- Successfully archive and delete eligible data from a production database
- Select the correct relationship traversal options for your data model
- Choose the appropriate type of storage for your archived data
- Choose the most effective method for your business users to locate and view archived data
- Restore archived data, if required
- Define Optim Relationships and Primary Keys, if needed
- Export and Import Optim Directory objects
- Identify the factors that affect Optim performance
This basic course is for Archive Project Leaders and project team members who will be responsible for implementing and executing an archiving strategy for one or more applications. This would include application developers, business analysts, and DBAs who have been assigned to your archiving project.
Company Events Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.