This course is for installers of DB2 10 z/OS and/or migration to DB2 11 for z/OS using the Install CLIST. The participants are involved in lectures that explain DB2 11 components and pointers, and the processes used to install or migrate from DB2 10 for z/OS. To reinforce the lectures, a series of labs are provided to give each participant hands-on experience installing DB2 10 for z/OS and migrating to DB2 11 for z/OS.
Students access a mainframe environment for the labs.
The following prerequisites are suggested:
- The basic concepts and facilities of DB2
- The basic concepts of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- z/OS Time Sharing Option (TSO) and the z/OS interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF)
- Course CV832 Database Administration Part I or equivalent Work experience in a z/OS environment
- Course CV852 System Administration or equivalent
- Work experience in a z/OS environment
- Defining and allocating z/OS data sets using z/OS job control language (JCL) or equivalent experience.
- Installation preparation for DB2 10 for z/OS
- Installation CLIST
- Installing the DB2 10 subsystem
- Verification of DB2 10 with the sample applications
- Performing parameter update
- Migrating to DB2 11 conversion mode
- DB2 10 enabling-new-function and new-function modes
- Verification of DB2 11 with the sample applications
- 10-byte RBA and LRSN (new)
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Prepare z/OS TSO environment to run the Install CLIST
- Provide appropriate parameters for the Install CLIST
- Execute the Install CLIST
- Define DB2 10 for z/OS
- Define VSAM catalog and alias
- Define system data sets and databases
- Initialize system data sets and databases
- Define DB2 10 for z/OS initialization parameters
- Define user authorization exits
- Record DB2 11 for z/OS data to SMF
- Establish subsystem security
- Verify the DB2 10 for z/OS installation
- Update subsystem parameters
- Create a new subsystem parameter module
- Migrate DB2 10 for z/OS to DB2 11 for z/OS Conversion Mode
- Enable DB2 11 for z/OS New Function Mode
- Verify migration
- Convert the BSDS and Catalog/Directory to 10-byte RBA and LRSN usage
Anyone responsible for maintaining, installing or migrating DB2 10 for z/OS to DB2 11 for z/OS, or installing DB2 11 for z/OS.
Company Events Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.