The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL® Foundation course. This enables the organisation to introduce Service Portfolio Management, Service Catalogue Management, Service Level Management, Demand Management, Supplier Management, Financial Management and Business Relationship Management as integral parts of its overall business-focussed Services Framework.
The course is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams.
Delegates are required to hold the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management or V2 to V3 bridge equivalent.
Before taking the course it is recommended, though not required, that candidates have exposure to basic concepts in IT and related work experience of at least two years.
- Service Management as a Practice.
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the Service Offerings and Agreement curriculum.
- Service Portfolio Management which provides documentation for services and prospective services in business terms.
- Service Catalogue Management which is concerned with the production and documentation of the Service Catalogue from a business and a technical viewpoint.
- Service Level Management which sets up a Service Level Agreement (SLA) structure and ensures that all SLAs have an underpinning support structure in place.
- Demand Management which identifies Patterns of Business Activity to enable the appropriate strategy to be implemented.
- Supplier Management which ensures all partners and suppliers are managed in the appropriate way and includes contract management.
- Financial Management which includes ensuring understanding of the service value and the management of all financial considerations.
- Business Relationship Managers who have responsibility to represent customers and ensure the Service Catalogue and Portfolio have the right needs.
The purpose of Service Offerings & Agreement is to obtain knowledge on ITIL® terminology, process structure, roles, functions and activities that will enable role focused capability and competency in support of the Service Lifecycle approach as described in ITIL®.
The course provides delegates with practical guidance on the design and implementation of an integrated end-to-end processes based on proven industry best practice guidelines.
The course prepares delegates for the ITIL® Capability examination in Service Offerings & Agreement.
The course is suitable for individuals who require a deep understanding of Operational Support & Analysis processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation. It offers a natural career development path for practitioner staff that already holds the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate or equivalent.
The course forms part of the ITIL® Intermediate qualification programme.
The examination will consist of a complex multiple choice, closed book paper of 8 questions, to be answered within 90 minutes. (Candidates sitting the examination in English and who do not have English as their first language will be allowed 120 minutes to allow use of a dictionary.) The pass mark will be 65% or more.
Successful candidates will be awarded 4 credits towards the ITIL® Expert qualification.
Follow on Courses
Other ITIL® Service Capability courses (5-day)
- IOSA - ITIL® Service Capability: Operational Support & Analysis
- PPO - ITIL® Service Capability: Planning, Protect and Optimisation
- RCV - ITIL® Service Capability: Release, Control & Validation
ITIL® Service Lifecycle courses (3-day)
- LCSI - ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Continual Service Improvement
- LSD - ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Design
- LSO - ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Operation
- LSS - ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy
- LST - ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Transition
Service Lifecycle Bootcamps (5-day)
- LSS-LSD - Service Lifecycle Bootcamp: Strategy & Design
- LST-LSO - Service Lifecycle Bootcamp: Transition & Operation
The course is based on the OGC’s Best Practice Guidelines in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle books. The books are available from the GK bookshop (http://www.gkbookshop.co.uk).
ITIL® is a Registered Trademark of The Office of Government Commerce (OGC).