3-day public or single organisation course.
This course provides IT Managers and Practitioners with a practical understanding of the key concepts, principles, processes and functions that enables successful IT Service Management provision. It also prepares delegates for the ITIL Foundation Certificate Examination. The course is based on the ITIL best practice service lifecycle approach.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Introduction to Service Management
- The importance of Service Management
- Definition of a Service and Service Management
- The need for a service culture
- Service Management as a practice
The Service Lifecycle
- The objectives and business value for each phase of the lifecycle
- The main goals and value to the business provided by each phase of the lifecycle covering the 5 core books:- Service Strategy- Service Design- Service Transition- Service Operation- Continual Service Improvement
Key Principles and models of ITSM
- The types of service provider
- The five major aspects of Service Design
- The service V model
- The Continual Service Improvement model
The Processes and Functions
- Define the characteristics of a process
- The objectives, business value, basic concepts, roles and interfaces of:- Service Portfolio Management- Service Level Management- Incident Management- Change Management
- The objectives and basic concepts of:- Demand Management- Financial Management- Service Catalogue Management- Availability Management- Capacity Management- Supplier Management- Information Security Management- IT Service Continuity Management- Service Asset and Configuration Management- Release and Deployment Management- Event Management- Problem Management- Request Fulfilment- Access Management- The 7 step improvement process
- Explanation of the functions:- Service Desk, Application Management, Operations Management, Technical Management
- Organisation structure and key roles- Using the RACI model
- Technology and Architecture- Generic requirement for an integrated set of ITSM technology
- Understand how an integrated IT Service Management framework, based on ITIL best practice guidelines, can be adopted and adapted within their own organisations.
- To provide proven practical guidance on how to successfully introduce an integrated IT Service Management framework based on the ITIL best practice service lifecycle approach.
- To prepare delegates for the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination
This course is for IT Managers and Practitioners involved in the strategy, design, and implementation and on going delivery of business-used IT services and who require an insight into Service Management best practice.
Recommended as preparation for exam(s):
- The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, which is a pre-requisite for the all other ITIL-based Certificates in IT Service Management. The examination is a 1-hour multiple choice paper, normally taken at the end of the course.